This is the most dominant 1- 0 match of the 2015 Copa America. Round two of Group B saw an unorganized and aimless Reggae Boyz lose to Paraguay who took more shots at goal and were in control of the match from start to finish. The referee brought things to a close in Antofagasta, with Jamaica’s late pushing ultimately coming to nothing. The Reggae Boyz played one good shot at goal.
Paraguay 1-0 Jamaica: The referee brings the first half to a close, with the South Americans taking a slender lead into the break. Edgar Benitez’s freak goal is all the separates the two sides on the scoreboard, though on the pitch the CONCACAF side have offered very little, particularly in attack. Diaz’s men should have no trouble holding on to this lead judging by the first half, but perhaps Schafer can inspire an improvement.
Reggae Boyz face Paraguay at 6 p.m. ET in the 2015 Copa América in Chile. Team Jamaica lost 1- 0 to Uraguay last week. However, the Boyz are no push over. The squad displayed an admirable performance in their match against Uraguay and were arguably the better of the two sides for the majority of the game.
Few of you will need reminding of Paraguay’s exploits in their Copa opener versus Argentina, but I’m going to anyway! Despite falling two goals down, Ramon Diaz’s men showed admirable spirit to battle back and secure a 2-2 draw. Nelson Haedo Valdez delighted with a 25-yard stunner, before Lucas Barrios’ 90th-minute equaliser after coming off the bench left Gerardo Martino’s men puzzled at what had just befallen them. Nevertheless, things will be much different for Ramon Diaz’s men tonight, as it is they who will be under pressure to succeed, going into the game as strong favourites.
Here are some facts about Paraguay and Team Jamaica. > You may watch HERE<
- Paraguay have lost just one of their five Copa America games against CONCACAF sides (W3 D1) – 6-0 against Mexico in the 2007 quarter-finals.
- In their last 10 games against CONCACAF sides in all competitions (all of them friendly games), Paraguay have lost just one (W7 D2), but it was their most recent clash (1-2 against Costa Rica).
- Paraguay have not lost their second group game in the last five editions of the Copa America (W2 D3).
- Paraguay have won three of their five games against Jamaica (friendly matches), losing two.
- Paraguay have failed to score in their last two games against Jamaica, but in the previous three they netted three or more in each game.
- Jamaica have scored in four of their five games against Paraguay.
- Paraguay have gone nine Copa America games without a win (D6 L3), their worst such run in the tournament.
- Paraguay have drawn more Copa America games than any other side (38).